I’ve always been a big fan of keeping my fingers on the keys versus using a mouse to get things done. I think everyone learns the clipboard hotkeys first before picking up others but even I learn a few new ones from time to time. That having been said, here’s a couple new ones that came out w/ Windows 7|Vista I’ve been enjoying.
- Win + Up arrow: Will maxamize your currently active window.
- Win + Down arrow: This will minimize the current window unless it’s maxamized, then it will simply restore it.
- Win + T: This will allow you to preview items on your taskbar. Just hit enter for it to get focus.
A couple of my day to day favs aren’t new to Windows 7 but they are:
- Win + E: This will open up Explorer view for browsing your system. This has got to be the one I use most often.
- Win + D: This does a “Show Desktop” which is very useful for when things start to get a tad bit cluttered.
- Win + R: This brings up the “Run” dialog box which is handy for those times you need to run something quickly.
- Win + L: Probably my all time favorite. This will lock your screen so the interns won’t mess with your system!
Here’s a couple URLs w/ more information: